Who we are
The Governing Body is made up of people from various parts of the community served by the school – parents, staff and local citizens.
What we do
The Governing Body provides strategic overview of the school’s plans, ensuring the school’s Headteacher and her staff make the best use of the human and financial resources available to them, and providing support, advice and feedback.
Governors are responsible for:
- – Ensuring legal, financial, safeguarding and other requirements are met
- – Attending evening meetings of the full Governing Body and – preparing by reading the various papers
- – Participating in at least one of the sub-committees (Curriculum, Pay and Personnel, Finances and Premises), which also meet in the evenings or before school.
- – Being a link person to one of the post-holders in the school
- – Generally being interested in and supporting the school in various ways; both as a critical friend of the school and as a champion for it.
- – Being accountable for those responsibilities held by the Governing Body
As a Governing Body, we aim to be open, transparent and accountable.
Should you be interested in knowing more about our role and perhaps becoming a governor yourself, or you have issues you wish to raise with us, please contact our Chair of Governors through the school office staff who will pass on your details to him.
|Mr M Collins||Chair|
|Mrs F Bektaşoğlu||Headteacher|
|Mr M Johnson||Local Authority Governor|
|Mr E Harlow||Co-opted Governor|
|Ms E Ashwell||Co-opted Governor|
|Mr B Rigby||Co-opted Governor (parent)|
|Mrs L Soulby||Co-opted Governor (staff)|
|Ms L Lockwood||Parent Governor|
|Dr R O’Connell||Parent Governor|
|Ms N Petridou||Staff Governor|